Friday, August 03, 2007

When does it get better?

I am so frustrated...I am doing everythign I can to try and be a good wife, preg or not....I have been trying to keep house better, doing my dishes every day, trying to keep up with house work, cooking dinner as often as schedules allow, and even trying to be "intimate" which is much tougher than anything else. But even with my efforts it all comes down to a failure. I am not satisying DH in anyway....I just can't seem to do anything right. I just can't help but feel that even after baby things aren't going to get better.

4 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Girl.. if you ever want to e~chat...
just send me an e~mail!! I would love to bounce some ideas around.

I'm so with ya on this one!!
I suffer w/ some of the same issues... and at this moment.. I'm feeling like a failure, too. Which makes it worse I think.

My mom even gave me a great book by Dr. Laura Schlessinger (sp?)
called the "Proper Care and Feeding of a Husband" .... I am actually back to reading it again ... It's funny.. every once in a while my husband tells me that I need to go read the book for a refresher...

You see my mom is from the old days... and she doesn't want me to mess things up w/ my DH. I think my DH is her favorite "kid".
Dr. Laura has got some great simple ideas and it reminds us girls of some things about the guys that we don't think of.

Don't be sooo hard on yourself... it'll only get worse....
I'm sure you're a great mom and mommy. It might be a little tough after baby is born... BUT IT'S ONLY TEMPORARY!!
It goes by so fast... trust me.. I have a 24 year old.. and I can't believe his childhood is over.

Hugs girl..
you're doing good!!!!!!!
Take a Calgon bath tonight and relax!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I meant great "wife" and mommy...

you're obviously a great mom and mommy! doy!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I think all women feel that way...from time to time! It is very difficult to switch gears from "Mommy/housekeeper" to wanton sex goddess!

I am sure it will get better! Just know you are not alone...we have ALL felt that way!

If I may be blunt....I find there is very little a little *ahem* oral stimulation will not fix! (hee-hee)

Chris H said...

Friggin men is all I can say!!!!