Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm Back!!

I finally remembered my password...so I can post on my blog again! Almost 7 months preg. now and feeling more and more nervous about the new baby. There is so much to do to get ready for this little man. I am worried about money, worried about how Sarah will handle things, and worried about how I will handle things.
Today I had the biggest scare of my life, I was in the kitchen on the phone with hubby when I heard a thud thud thud, and I knew what it meant, I ran out of the kitchen in time to see sarah cartwheeling down our 13 wooden steps, I got there just in time to see her slam the back of her head into the wall. I grabbed her and checked her all over, finding only a small scrape on the back of her head, but it was such a hard hit that I took her in to the dr. They scared the life out of me when they were concerened that the right side of nose was leaky, they went and got a special test to see if it was mucous or possibly spinal/brain fluid!! The test was negative thank god, but still scared the life out of me. I have to keep a close eye on her for a day or two but so far she seems perfectly fine, I however am still very shaken up, and have felt ill all day from it. I am sure I will be having nightmares all night!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh goodness! I am glad she is alright. You were very wise to take her to be checked out, head injuries can take one by surprise.

I can relate to the feelings of being overwhelmed and the concerns that accompany that but I am sure you will manage. It's what mum's do...

Deb said...

I am so glad she is okay! Geez what a scare! So glad you took her to the doctor as head injuries can be tricky...

I understand being overwhelmed, I am just about to have my first and I am really overwhelmed I can't imagine having #2 ont he way that just makes my blood pressure sky rocket!!!

Flawed And Disorderly said...

OH my gosh! That would be terrifying! That's exactly why I don't want a house with stairs. I grew up in a 3 story house and took a tumble down the stairs more than once.

I just got a $1,000 bill from the hospital. A while back I found some opened packages of cold medicine on the floor in the kitchen. I didn't know if the kids had eaten the meds or if my husband had just left the trash on the counter and they had knocked it off. He couldn't remember how many he had taken and how many were in the pack before he took more. I didn't know if one child had eaten all of them or if all 3 toddlers had been snacking.

We took them into the ER. They were observed for a few hours. No tests of any kind were run. We just had to wait to see if they started getting sick. UGH! Luckily no one got sick. But it scared me to death. I totally relate to feeling sick for the rest of the day. I was sure I'd have nightmares, but I didn't.

I'd just say take a breath and count your blessings. I took my 2 year old into the doc about a bug bite and found out she needs open heart surgery next summer. Talk about feeling sick. I can't even think about it or the anxiety will ruin me.

I've wasted a lot of time worrying about what "could have" happened in my life. My opinion is...Don't waste the energy on this one. Nothing horrible happened. She has a scrape. Forget about the terror of the unknown and sleep well tonight knowing what is...and that's that your baby is fine. :D

kimcarm said...

The hardest part for me is that I can't help but think that there is some hidden injury that we missed. I keep thinking of how hard she hit her little head, and it doesn't make sense that she is okay. I will be checking on her all night...so it is a good thing that I am off of work tomorrow!

carmachu said...

I was on the phone with her when it happened. Scary indeed.

But, any kid that can hours later still be a smartass is fine....you'll see.

Unknown said...

I understand the underlying fears...

My then 3 year old fell, tripped over her sister's leg, and hit her head badly on the corner of the wooden bench in the garden.

The lump and resultant black eye were massive and scarily she didn't cry at all but on ringing for medical advice I was told not to take her to A&E just ice pack and treat for shock and monitor as A&E was stacked to the hilt and we'd spend hours there before she was seen anyway.

I spent the whole of that day and several others glued to her side terrified that she had concussion or worse but fortunately she was fine.

They are resilient creatures...