Saturday, May 26, 2007

Annoyed!!!

I am getting super tired of hearing from everyone that I am carrying this baby so small, and how wonderful I look, and how lucky I am! I just want to scream! Yes I am carrying very small, for 7 months preg. I am lucky if I look 4 months. However, my baby is the same size as any other 7 month fetus...which means, that he is taking up just as much room. So just because I am small on the outside does nto mean that I am happy and feeling normal. My stomache is squished to the point that I can hardly eat, I am lucky if I can eat as much as my 4 year old in one sitting. My bladder is being squished, and we all know what that causes. My back is killing me, as is my butt, since all the pressure from the inside is causing all kinds of painful issues in that area. I am exhausted by days end since most days I am on my feet all day, whether it is because I am at work, or trying to keep up with an active 4 year old. I just wish everyone would realize that just becuase I do not have a huge belly doesn't mean that I am not just as miserable as any other pregnant woman who has entered the 3rd trimester!! Yes I am whining here, but I have a right!!!!

4 comments:

Deb said...

I get it all the time! I am 12 days away from my due date and I look like I am 6 months pregnant. I am miserable. But people continue to tell me just how lucky I am to be so small. THe luck as I see it is not having 50lbs to loose when this is over. I am still not comfortable!!!

So I feel your pain. I say just smack those people in the head and blame it on hormones!

Attila the Mom said...

Whine away, girlfriend!

What killed me the most? Was my pelvic bones grinding together (because the cartilege gets soft) when I got in and out of bed. Owwwwwww!!

Thinking of you!

Sandra Mort said...

*hugs* No matter how you're showing, pregnancy is hard work and I applaud you and your efforts. You're a good mama.

Jade said...

I know just have you feel. When I was 8/9 months pg with my second child I went into labor.

The 8/9 is because my ob/gyn wasn't a 100% sure of my due date as I never had a period after getting off the pill.

My ob/gyn was out of town and the quack who was on call insisted that I was too small to be that far along (not true), wouldn't even look at my chart and started me on stuff to stop the labor.

This lead to all sorts of problems later when I actually did have the baby. And my ob/gyn said if he had been in town he would have let me have the baby then as the baby already weighed 8lbs.